Friday, March 8, 2013

Cowboy Days by John Lee

We made a special Saturday outing last weekend. It was Cowboy Days in Las Cruces, so we headed out to the Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum to watch the fun! We enjoyed learning about cattle and horses.
We also got to check out the sheep!

My favorite activity was rock gathering - I needed more for my collection. I keep my collection in my pockets - just check my jackets and pants!
Daddy's college kid group was making bracelets, so we stopped by there. Denny picked blue and orange.
I went with yellow and green - my favorites!
They had fun kid activities set up, including roping - which we loved!
Then we went through the Cowboy training camp. Mama's camera died, but I can tell you what we did - we started off coloring our horse and designing our own brand. Then we tossed bean bag biscuits into dutch ovens, made cowboy cuffs and mustaches, roped a cactus (like ring toss) - we got a stamp at each station to show we completed our training!

It was a fun family outing for us! I am ready for more Cowboy Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment