Thursday, October 13, 2011

More Rodeo by Denny Lynn

This past weekend we went to Ruidoso for the annual Cowboy Symposium. I was excited to get to do another kids rodeo! I even got a badge when I signed up - then I got a beef badge, too! I looked very official.
I got my number and put it one as this is very important in rodeo!
It took forever! We lined up and had the grand entry, and then it was time for the barrel race. It took a while to get to my turn. I was finally issued my horse - her name was Maria, but she had a blue mane and stick, so I liked that.
When it was time to go, we had to follow one of the older girls around the barrels. I was really fast! I did the barrels in 20 seconds flat! Thanks to Ms. Tammy for these great photos! 

I was a little sad that I didn't "catch" the girl I was chasing. Mama assures me that chasing girls is not a sport! Next it was musical hay bales. When the music stopped, you had to find a seat. Anyone without a seat was out. We sat on each other some - I gave my seat to another little boy and went to see the animals in the petting pen. 
Rodeo is thirsty work! We took a break at the watering hole.
Grandma waited with me to so the keyhole race. This time I got a horse named Lucky Buck (that is a great name!)
When it was all said and done, we had been rodeoing for 2 1/2 hours. Needless to say, this was longer than anyone had intended, but I didn't want to quit! In the end we each got our own bandana to take home. I would rather have gotten a ribbon, but I had fun and that is what matters.
It was fun to go and see Grandma and Grandpa and just spend time with family! When Mama showed me the pictures, I looked and said there is me and my friends! What a fun time with lots of other kiddos!

No comments:

Post a Comment