Thursday, October 13, 2011

Fish Biologists by Denny Lynn

We got a special treat while in Ruidoso! Uncle Shawn was stocking fish at Grindstone Lake and we got to go help. He had baby catfish to put into the lake. I told him what sound catfish make. He didn't seem to think it was funny when I said "meow, meow".  John and I both got to touch the fish and see their whiskers up close.
I helped empty the first bucket into the lake. It was exciting to see them all start swimming. I wanted to take one home, but Mama said we had nowhere to keep him. I sure would like a place to keep a catfish.
As the others were released, we made sure they made it into the water and didn't get stuck in the rocks.
I liked seeing the lake, and especially getting to work with Uncle Shawn. If anyone needs a fish biologist, I know all about it! Just give me a call!

No comments:

Post a Comment