Friday, October 7, 2011

For the Birds by Denny Lynn

Mama found these fun birdhouses that you paint yourself. They were cheap, so John and I each got one. I have been asking for days to paint mine, so finally it was time. Mama gave us each a paint shirt to protect our clothes.

Each one came with red, white and green paint. Of course, I chose green! I even used John's green. Then we got out our paint markers to finish everything off. Those little tubs of paint are not designed for little boys with big ideas!
John mostly wanted red.
I focused really hard on painting the edges and making it all look nice. Mama helped some.
It is a good thing we had paint shirts. We got a little messy. But it was fun!
I am going to take my birdhouse for Show and Tell this week, and then Daddy is going to help me hang it in a tree for the birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment