Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Happy Birthday, Grandma by Denny Lynn

In honor of Grandma's 60th Birthday we got to plan a party! I was very helpful! My favorite job was putting stickers on the favors - I helped put candy in, too. You had to watch very closely, because occasionally you would hear John say "candy" followed by the sound of small candy pieces hitting the table - then you would have to fill it again!  
Teddy and I got her a card with a teddy bear on the front. I signed my name (with a little help) and Mama signed for Teddy.
We made a timeline for Grandma with all the decades and a couple of pictures for each one. Ms. Darcy helped cut the numbers with her Criket - helped cut the ribbon while Mama did the glueing.
The cake was red, white and blue (like everything else) and yummy!
We had cupcakes and of course Ma's famous cookies!
Here is the final product on the favors - we had M&Ms, jelly beans and rock candy.
John made Grandma a photo album with 60 pictures of him in it. I made her a CD with 60 songs - all sung by me and Teddy. It is important to note that Teddy doesn't sing! We did Old MacDonald with a lot of animals, itsy bitsy spider, twinkle twinkle little star and of course Happy Birthday and Jesus Loves Me!
The party was great fun! There were extra balloons that I liked playing with!
We had three kinds of punch (red, white and blue again!) but my favorite was the blue.
Etienne brought along some bubbles and we had a good ole cousin time with those!
I got to help light the candles on Grandma's cake and lead the singing so she could blow them out.
We took some pictures, too (imagine that). No matter what the picture was for, I was pretty sure I was suppose to be in it!
Grandma tried to talk me out of some of them, but it didn't work!
I do belong in this one! It was a great party and I am glad I was able to share the special day with Grandma!

No comments:

Post a Comment