Monday, December 3, 2012

The Christmas Train by Denny Lynn

A couple of years ago Uncle Jeff introduced us to the Christmas Train at Dry Gulch, USA. It is run by one of the big churches out of Tulsa. Since last time we went John was really little, we decided to go back and do it again! We headed out the Friday after Thanksgiving. Daddy and I scored hot chocolate and cookies while Mama, John and Uncle Jeff help our place in the train line.

We were issued our boarding passes to load on the green line.
No flash photography on the train, so we just enjoyed the ride! It is a real steam engine with passenger cars - while you ride, it tells the story of Christmas, beginning with Adam and Eve bringing sin into the world, the prophets, Jesus' birth and life, and finally his death and resurrection. It was a beautiful story! I can tell you the whole thing! I posed for a picture with a conductor as we got off the train!

Santa has a special place set up just to visit with good little boys and girls! We put our name on the
list and played for awhile!
It is really hard to wait - luckily, they were out of pagers, and since I was very cute and polite to the hostess, we got worked in - that made it about a 20 minute wait instead of an hour and a half!
Finally, it was time - Santa was in room 2 of the old hotel! We were so excited - but when he asked me what I wanted, I told him I would have to send him a list!
Nothing like a good sit on Santa's lap to start off the Christmas season!
I am ready for Christmas!
My favorite thing was the Elf Train! It is just my size!
I loved it so much I had to ride twice - the second time I got to be the engineer!
We took a quick stop to warm our hands by one of the fire pits - we also took a wagon ride, rode the carousel and ....
...waved to the passengers on the train!
We took advantage of the BIG playground...
...and did a little shopping (no, I didn't get to bring this hat home!)
Our final stop was the music show in the old saloon. We even hear them sing Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer!
It was a very special night and I an already ready to do it again! Even after all the fun and exciting stuff we did, all I could talk about on the ride home was Jesus!

No comments:

Post a Comment