Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Happy Valentine's Day by Denny Lynn

I love a holiday - especially a holiday that involves making treats and playing games! This year I made sweet Valentine's for my freinds.
We rolled up washclothes and made them look like lollipops. It was hard work!
Then we added some body wash and tada - a fun and useful gift! I was very proud of them.
We got lots of goodies from Nana and Papa and Grandma and Grandpa. There where also some from Mama and Daddy!
We got to go to the church Valentine's party. I helped make the snack mix.
There were lots of yummy treats. My favorite part was playing with the Westfalls' cats!
Finally, it was time for out school party. We played matching with chocolate kisses. They have different colored shapes we had to match.
Then we made Valentine sock puppets - these were hugging monsters, not scaring monsters!
We practiced our Cupid skills by shooting our "arrows" (Qtips) from our "bows" (straws) by blowign them into a bowl. It was hard, but we practiced and practiced!
Then we played splat with heart shaped marshmallows. We have to throw them and "splat" them onto the paper. We really liked this, but we liked eating them more!
Then it was time to share our treat! I gave out my lollipops.
And, I got wonderful Valentine's from all my friends! Another successful Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment