Thursday, January 26, 2012

The Polar Express by Denny Lynn

There is so much magic at Christmas! Since I love trains, and I love Santa, Mama and Daddy made arrangements to take us on the Polar Express! We went to Lubbock on our way to Oklahoma. I was so excited I could hardly stand it! We had read the book and watched part of the movie, so I was ready. 
John was pretty excited, too. He also loves trains!
We got on and got our seats! We were all seated together as a family.
You get to go in your pajamas, just like in the book. I took along my blanket, too. I was ready for an adventure to the North Pole!
They read us the story and served us hot chocolate just like in the book. They sang and danced through the train!
The conductor came through and punched our tickets. He punched each one with our initial! Mine had a D.

John's had a J.
When we got to the North Pole we all waived to Santa and the elves. Then they came on the train with us!
I was so glad to see Santa! He asked me if I had been a good boy and what I wanted for Christmas. I told him a big boy bike and a helicopter with a rescue hook to save Teddy from the water.
John told him he wanted a bike, too. Then Santa gave us each our very own silver sleigh bell!
We love the sound they make and know that they are a pretty special keepsake from our trip to the North Pole. Even though we couldn't see them, I know reindeer pulled the train for us - I think my sleigh bell came off Rudolph!
John's was from a reindeer, too - we just don't know which one.
When we got back, we took a minute for a picture on the caboose. It was a pretty special trip for all of us!

No comments:

Post a Comment