Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Christmas at Darcy's by Denny Lynn

We always celebrate Christmas with our friends at Ms. Darcy's. This year Mama and I made hooded towels for everyone. They were really fun.
We wrapped them up with roll-on soap from Avon and put everyone's name on it!
We made each family a "Root"deer set to take home. I was really good at sticking on the noses!
I think they came out pretty cute!
For my fun snack, I made peanutbutter cracker snowmen, which I learned about at the Collegiate 4-H party. I chose different colors for each person.
I was happy with the way they turned out.
At the party we had game time! We played Christmas-oke and got to sing our favorite Christmas carol into the microphone. I sang Jingle Bells!
Then we made gingerbread men and Christmas trees. I was very particular about my gingerbread man.
Mama spotted an elf - sent to check on us and report to Santa. They are quick little guys and very sneaky. We started a hunt to see if we could catch one! We each got a notepad. Holly and I found tracks in the kitchen!
When it was time to pass out presents, I gave everyone their special gift. They also had special things for me! My favorite part is giving my gifts to each friend.
John and I got to give Mama the hand tree we made for her and Daddy. It is a very special Christmas tree they can keep to remember how little we are - we won't be for long! It was a wonderful party. I love celebrating with my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment