Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Happy Birthday to Me! by John Lee

Yay, yay, yay! Monkey Party! I got to have a monkey party for my birthday. We had it early so that we could begin our holiday travels. Mama made me Monkey Pops! They came out kind of cute! We also had monkey bread with candles in it! 
We made banana nut bread in a jar for all the families, complete with a John Lee magnet!
We had special goody bags with everyone's initial on them. There were monkey dishes, coloring books and all kinds of monkey stuff for everyone to take home!
We also had monkey crafts! I made a yellow monkey mask on a stick. We also had monkey mosaic balls, standup monkeys and foam trees.
Everyone entered through the jungle (the water heater box with streamers inside) and then they got to add a tree to the playroom jungle!
My favorite treat was a banana, but the monkey poop (raisins) was a big hit with all my guests!
I got so many wonderful gifts - at first I just wanted to open and play with each thing - finally I figured out that there was always more! I was very excited about everything I got.
Mama and Daddy got me my very own firetruck that really goes. It scares me a little when it goes in reverse, but otherwise I love it. I race Denny on his Thomas the Train!
I am very attached to all the tools I got! I even slept with my new hammer and screwdriver.
After it was all said and done, I took my new presents and put myself to bed! It was a really fun day with lots of love and laughter and I was exhausted!

No comments:

Post a Comment