Friday, January 21, 2011

Merry Christmas by Denny Lynn


We celebrate Christmas like nobody’s business! First we went to Grandma and Grandpa’s house. John and I both had surprises right when we got there! Mine was a Thomas the Train that I can really ride on! At first I was looking for a track, but I soon figured out this Thomas could go anywhere! I made laps all around the house.
 We spent time with Ma & Pa and each got our own stocking.
 Then we got all dressed up and headed to the candlelight service for Christmas Eve. I sang the songs and helped Grandma pass out the candles. I even got my own candle to hold.
 I picked out special cookies for Santa and put them on a Christmas plate. 
Then me and John put on our Santa suits and it was time for presents! There were new boots and special toys of all kinds.
Uncle Shawn got me Lincoln Logs with a train track that even has a mountain. I got to play with it a little before it was time to hit the sack and wait for Santa. 
I knew he would come, because I have been such a good boy – and he did! He brought me a big train I could get in just like I asked – it is a Thomas tent. Inside were other Thomas toys and James trains like I told him I needed. I played with all of them on my new tracks.
 We got dressed up again – this time in our new boots – and had Christmas lunch with Ma & Pa. 
Then it was time to head home. I hated to leave, but I knew Christmas wasn’t over! That night I even slept in my new Thomas tent.
Finally, it was Christmas at our house. I had presents from Nana and Papa, Aunt Judy, Ms. Lynne and even one from John! There were dump trucks and puzzles and clothes and pajamas...it was so fun, I can hardly describe it all!
John’s gift was a wooden train set with lots of pieces (he is not so bad for a little brother, even if he steals the pieces). 
 Etienne got me this cool Woody Towel.
 I got a BIG train set from Nana and Papa with a remote control train. It goes and goes!
It was such a special Christmas and I appreciate everyone thinking of me this year. I guess I have to start trying to be a good boy for next year – or at least until after my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment