Thursday, September 11, 2014

Makin' Stuff by John Lee

Fair time is here! We start early getting everything and making our exhibits. I know how to prepare for a craft!
This year we started off with a decorated box - mine is Superman!




I like using the glue and the stickers!
Then we made doorstops - I wanted mine to be Halloween! I chose my stickers and cut my paper (with a little help from Mama).


Then I stuck it all on and used more glue to seal it  up.
I love the way it turned out!
My next project was a picture frame, framed with pictures! I painted it black...
...used some creativity to entertain myself while it dried....
and put on the pictures. Mama tried to help lay them out, but she did it all wrong and I had to fix them.
Then I sealed it up with the glue.
It looks pretty cool!
My favorite project was getting to paint! I made a yellow T-Rex and a Christmas Kitty just like my stuffed kitty, Mitzie.

I concentrated really hard and painted everything just right.

So proud of how they turned out!
Finally, I made a Popsicle stick box. Mama helped with the glue, but I put every stick in place so it would be just right.

When it was tall enough to hold a tractor, I put the lid on.
I added a tractor for a handle and it was done!
I have more things to make, but I am off to a great start! I can't wait until the fair!

No comments:

Post a Comment