Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Build a Bear Workshop by John Lee

For a special Valentine treat from Mama & Daddy, we got to go to Build a Bear Workshop and make a new friend. I have been waiting and waiting to go! I had already decided I wanted to make a bunny. I found just the right one - I almost changed my mind, but Mama reminded me that I wanted a bunny.
Denny picked a fun fuzzy doggy.
We had to wait in line with our animal to get him stuffed. They came around to put our name on the tag.
Once we made it to the front of the line, we picked out a heart for our animal.
We patted it to make it beat...
...rubbed it on our foreheads so our new friend would be smart like us...
...rubbed it on our muscles to make them strong...
...and made a special wish.
Then the hearts went in to make them alive.
The next step was stuffing - you just work the pedal until he is as squishy as you want him to be.
Just the right huggableness.
Denny wanted his dog to be a floppy puppy...
...and he is!
Next we got to pick out an outfit. Denny knew immediately he wanted the Batman outfit.

Batdog looked great!
They were out of Superman, so I had to do lots of shopping to make up my mind. I finally picked a firefighter outfit. The nice Build a Bear man helped me dress bunny.


Once they were all dressed up, we made their birth certificates. I named mine Baby Bunny. Denny's is Doggy Superhero by day and Bat-Dog by night. They each got their very own box to go home in.
Just outside the store was a cool mall train we couldn't wait to ride with our new friends.


We also took a ride on the escalator. (Going up was easy, coming down not so much). Luckily a nice grandma lady offered to hold Denny's hand going down so Mama could hold mine and we made it!
Then it was time to take our animals home! We even got special brushes to keep them clean and happy.

We are already planning our next trip to Build a Bear - we loved it that much!

No comments:

Post a Comment