Wednesday, November 27, 2013

School Thanksgiving by John Lee

Each year my school has a Thanksgiving celebration. We all bring things to share for lunch. Mama signed me up to bring cookies and chips. I picked pretzles and told Mama I wanted to take turkey cookies. We cheated a little, but we ended up with turkeys! We used sugar cookies and chocolate frosting. Then added candy corn for the feathers and beak with M&Ms for eyes.
I loved how they came out and I was super excited to take them to school!
I even let Denny help with some.

Finally is was party time!
We put on a program for all the parents, singing our Thanksgiving songs in English and Spanish. I didn't sing, but I made the turkey sounds.
Then it was on to lunch!
I got to sit with some of my favorite friends and my Mama!
Ms. Patsy passed out my cookies to be sure all my friends got one.
I wanted one with yellow eyes. It was YUMMY!
I showed Mama the thankful turkey I made. I was sad because Mama had to leave and go back to work.
But, naptime was next, so it worked out ok. We had tons of fun celebrating with my school. Nothing like a good party to get you ready for the holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment