Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving Treats by Denny Lynn

For the first time ever, we got to be at Ms. Darcy's for the Thanksgiving party. Party means treats, so me and John got busy with making some fun stuff! John made pilgrim hats. He took fudge striped cookies and used peanut butter to stick on a peanut butter cup. He was more interested in eating the cookies than making hats, but Mama stuck with it.
Before the hat bands were added, John figured out he could bend over and take a bite of the peanut butter cups. He ate the tops off the hats! Mama caught him quick, or we would have been giving out pilgrim visors.
The bands are pieces of fruit roll up.
They were wrapped up and tied with a pipe cleaner.
Finally, it was my turn! I wanted to make turkeys! I also used fudge stripe cookies, but then I had nutter butters for the body.
Candy corn made great feathers and beaks. We had some mini chocolate chips for eyes (everything attached with peanut butter).
I worked really hard and my turkeys looked awesome!
John looked pretty awesome, too - he just kept eating all my chocolate chips!
I had just enough turkeys to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment