Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving by John Lee

This year was Mama's year to chaperone the trip to National 4-H Congress. We had to meet all the delegates in Albuquerque on Thanksgiving Day. We got to get all dressed up (which I was not happy about) in the suits Grandma got us and have dinner with the delegates. We got to stay in a really nice hotel. 
They even fixed a special dinner for me and Denny - chicken fingers and fries with a fruit cup!
They were yummy and my favorite part of the evening. Mostly I ran Daddy ragged while Mama took care of the group and gave her speech!
After dinner, Daddy and Denny played the big checker game!
I tried it out, but I didn't last long!
Denny did real good learning to play and follow all the rules.
It was a fun and different way to celebrate Thanksgiving, but it worked out ok. This is what we looked like when Mama left Friday at 5 am! She didn't even get to go shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment