Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy St Patty's Day by Denny Lynn

 We had a way fun St Patrick's Day! First we got to put on our shirts that say "Daddy's Little Leprechaun" - me and John matched! Mama even had a fun hat for us to try out. I thought a Leprechaun was a bug, but Mama explained that they are little people and they try to trick you because they are sneaky! 
We had a fun party as usual! Mama came and we made rainbows out of fruit loops for our craft. Mine came out really cool - it took awhile because John would steal the fruit loops - glue and all!
Then we got to dress like a Leprechaun with whatever we wanted! I was the first one to volunteer! Just a note - the boots were not part of the game - that is what I wore all day - I wanted to wear my green boots for St Patty's Day!
We threw our coins into the pot and then we hid it so that sneaky Leprechaun couldn't get it! Sometimes he would move it, and we would have to find it and get a new hiding place.
Snack was really yummy cupcakes! John really liked the frosting! After snack we found out that the Leprechaun had turned all the animals green and let them out - we used our butterfly nets to round them back up. Mama would count and get them all lined up and I would say "that sneaky Leprechaun let them out again!" So Mama would hide them again! We don't have any pictures of that game because Mama's camera died! We had soooo much fun! I wanted it to be St Patrick's Day again on Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment