Friday, March 11, 2011

Entrepreneurship by Denny Lynn

 I have been working extra hard gathering pecans to save up for a Woody doll - action figure as Daddy would say! We decided to sell our pecans and use what we made to buy one something for each of us (John and I). We had to sort all the pecans - they won't take the ones with hulls. Mama helped us out and we spent a couple more hours sorting (well, Mama spent a couple of hours - we were there)! 
The next day we took the pecans to sell. They weighed them first - we had 46 pounds! Then they cracked some to see the quality.
Next our pecans went up the conveyer belt into the big bin! They even let me flip the switch!
Once we got our ticket, we took it to the lady and she gave us a check. It was late in the season, so we didn't get as much money, but not bad for my first business.
That afternoon it was off to Target to find a Woody Doll/Action Figure. I found one with a Buzz, too! I love it! John got a little people car set (but he really likes my Woody). All total my little business endevour cost Mama a few hours and $4.00 - See, I can do math, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment