Thursday, April 30, 2015

John Quincy Adams by Denny Lynn

For the spring semester we each got to research a President and do a presentation. I got John Quincy Adams. He had a pet alligator, so we borrowed Uncle Shawn's alligator head. Mama helped me make John Quincy gold chocolate coins to give out and we used the alligator as a candy bowl.
The coins looked almost real, but better since they were chocolate.
Mama and I worked on a costume and a PowerPoint presentation. It took lots of practice to get ready.

All the hard work paid off! I love how my presentation turned out.


My friends weren't real sure about putting their hand in a gator's mouth, but they were brave.

This was a really fun project and I am so glad Mrs. Cowdrey let us do!
I learned so much! I still have lots of questions and one day I hope to visit Massachusetts, the birthplace of John Quincy Adams.

1 comment:

  1. How did you make the beard/whiskers? What fabric did u use?

    ReplyDelete