Thursday, May 1, 2014

Ag Day by Denny Lynn

We had Ag Day at my school. It was so fun! I got to dress up for the Cowboy contest. Mrs. Tammy let me borrow these chaps that used to be Colton's and they were perfect!
Mama was helping with Ag Day, so I helped her! I was great at pushing the cart to load and unload.
Since my class hatched chicks in the incubator, we all got to present to the other classes. Julian and Rylee were my partners.
We did a great job teaching everyone about the incubator and how chicks hatch.
Then we taught them about the egg - how the chick grows and all the parts. I was really good at teaching. I remembered all the stuff.

I even helped show them on the video how the chick consumed the yolk and has a fat belly when it comes out.
We also hatched quail eggs. The quail eggs are really small with spots on them - I showed them off to the class.
After I taught, I went to the other stations. At Mama's station we made thank you notes for the presenters. I made mine for the tractor club that took us on a hayride.

After all the stations, it was time for the best dressed contest. I waited with my class...
...then we paraded for the judges.
I was chosen as the best Kinder Cowboy!
Then we did the dances we had been learning in music.
It was a really fun day - lots to see, do and learn! We only made it a few blocks before I was asleep in the van. So many exciting things!

No comments:

Post a Comment