Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Goodbye, Nolie a Note From Mama

Most of you know we had a little schnauzer named Nolie. I got her when I was an agent in Texas. She was 15 this summer. She got sick last week - she has been showing all the signs of aging. I took her in to the vet and found out she had lymphoma. The vet figured she had about 3-6 months left, but she would continue to get sicker. I made the decision to have her put down. It was extremely difficult, but I didn't want her to suffer - she has been a great friend for a long time.
I went to pick the boys up in El Paso - they had spent the week with Grandma and Grandpa. I decided to tell them in the car to prepare then that Nolie was gone. I know they will miss her, too. It is always so amazing to see how your kids put things together.
A couple of years ago, my Mom's dog Skye died. On Saturday as we loaded up to head to town, Denny said "I bet Nolie and Skye are having so much fun playing together." The best was when John was trying to comfort Oscar (our other dog) who is pretty lonely these days. I told John he was sad because Nolie was gone. He put his head close to Oscar and said "Don't be sad Oscar, we will see Nolie again some day in Heaven." It was priceless - of course, then he added "of course you and me have to die first." There was a moment in there somewhere. I just wanted to take a moment to say goodbye to a good and faithful friend who will be missed.


No comments:

Post a Comment