Thursday, September 27, 2012

2012 NMSF by John Lee

I was so excited to get to go to Albuquerque and stay at the hotel! We went up with Mama to meet Daddy. Turns out there was a fair there, too! I can't believe all the fun things there are to do. To start off we played in the little Agland and made coffee filter flowers.

Mine had a yellow stem of course.
I really loved the "sheep" pen where you could clean up and use the wheelbarrows.
Milking the cow was pretty cool, too.
Making music was pretty neat - I played the triangle just like I saw on Elmo!
At the Red Barn we got to see lots of animals, including Angus' little brothers - Corgi puppies!!
We ran into some old friends along the way. It was great to see Patrick and CJ - and of course Ms. Magan.
I couldn't believe all the stuff the 4-H kids made! There was stuff everywhere. I am glad Mama has to take it all down and not me!
We found a barn just our size next to the corn pit.
I love the corn pit! I would have stayed for hours if they had let me.
There was another corn pit in the Dairy Barn and I took full advantage of that one as well.
I also snuck up on the little goats to say "Hi".
Next was McDonald's Farm to gather up our Ag products. I liked finding eggs.
Patrick and I set up the milking machine together to get yummy milk from the cow.
We gathered wool to add to our buckets.
At the end we return all of our goodies, the harvest was complete!
We took sometime to enjoy the Natural Resources Building. I liked checking out the fish, but the frog statue is what really held my attention.
I didn't want to get close to Smokey Bear, so he got close to me and let Mama get a picture.
I got to add my hand print to the State Land Office Wall - I picked yellow paint!
They had a bucket for us to scrub up after.
Mama added my name so everyone would know I was there.
Then it was back to the corn pit. Denny wanted us to bury him, but then he didn't like it when I tried to bury his face.
Our final stop was back to the pig races. Sunday was my day! When it was time to pick a team leader for our section, Mama held me up high and they chose me!
I picked the orange flag and waived it proudly! My pig didn't win, but that was ok. It was lots of fun and I finally got to be a big boy at the fair. I hope there is another one soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment