Tuesday, April 6, 2010

The Easter Bunny by Denny Lynn

Mama made arrangements with Ms. Darcy to take us to see the Easter Bunny. We got to the mall early, so we had time to read books. I even got to ride the train on the carousal, which I loved because he looked like Percy! We had been talking for days about seeing the Easter Bunny. I was really excited. I told Mama I wanted to sit in his lap and everything. That was all well and good until the big rabbit came out. Then I ran and hid behind Mama. John sat on his lap, but I wouldn’t get close. I finally said hi to him from about three feet away, just angling for a sucker. I have come to the conclusion that he is welcome to bring me presents and eggs, but I will not sit in his lap or pet him like a real bunny. For the week after I have been telling everyone who will listen I am "scared Easter Bunny." I did pose in front of the fence with John – but that is as far as I will go.

No comments:

Post a Comment