Thursday, March 27, 2014

Happy St Patrick's Day by Denny Lynn

I am so glad we had another holiday! I got to pick a treat to make for my friends to celebrate St Patrick's Day. I chose pretzel shamrocks.
First we put out the pretzels....
...next we put one Hershey kiss on each pretzel.
I carried them to the oven (Mama put them in because it was hot).
Then I waited.....
...while I waited, I sorted out all the green M&M's to make shamrock leaves.
Finally, the kisses were melty. I put three M&M's on each one and added a pretzel stick for a stem.
After they set (Mama put them in the freezer to speed it up) all that was left was quality control! They were yummy.
Once they were set really hard, I put them each in a little bag - two per friend.
The tag says "Lucky to have you for a friend, Happy St. Patrick's Day; from, Denny"
On St Patty's Day I was all decked out and ready to share with my friends! I didn't get pinched!

No comments:

Post a Comment