Monday, September 30, 2013

My Fair Exhibits by John Lee

It is fair time! We didn't get to go to the State Fair, because we were sick, so we are doubly excited for our fair here. We started early working on exhibits so we could have entries. We harvested pecans to take.
One of my favorite things was painting my t-shirt! I made a ghost! Mama helped make a stencil and I painted it.

It came out great and I can't wait to wear it for Halloween.
We also painted sweatshirts (because it is so easy to find red sweatshirts in Las Cruces...in August...but Mama did it!) We painted them to look like Santa jackets.

We made two kinds of wind chimes. One was a cross - it looks like horseshoes. We used wire to string beads and bells.
Then we attached them to the cross.

I made mine with red and yellow beads. When the wind blows the bells will ring!
The second one was a recycled wind chime. We used a tray with a scalloped edge, beads, bells and silverware.
Me and Daddy drilled holes in the silverware - I used spoons.
Then we put it all together - it makes such a great sound, I can't hold it still.
For the popsicle stick class, we made snowflakes. I carefully laid out the sticks.

And came up with this unique snowflake to hang up for Christmas.
We built a firetruck at Lowes, and that made a perfect entry for the wood working kit class.
For the craft foam class we made bath sets - mine is robots. You take the shapes and when they get wet in the bathtub you can stick them to the tub or the wall and build your own robot. We put all the shapes in a soap dish and added a sample robot.
Now for the picture frame! I chose yellow of course.
I painted it solid, then added Justice League stickers.
A coat of Modge Podge and it was perfect!
I also made a Christmas ornament. Here I am writing my name on it. Mama added the year.
We used my thumbprint to make reindeer! I picked snowman ribbon to make the hanger.

The first project I wanted to do was the last one to get finished, but I love it! It is a Superman pillowcase. I loved painting with the stencil and using my two favorite colors.
I can't wait to get it back and sleep on it!
I had 10 exhibits in all. I am super excited to go this weekend and see if I got any ribbons. I will keep you posted!

No comments:

Post a Comment