Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Oklahoma Sights by Denny Lynn

We were actually in Oklahoma long enough this trip to do some extra things. We went to Fort Gibson and explored the old fort.
They even have a stockade. We took turns being “locked” in. Even though Mama was a criminal I gave her sugars.
I liked touring the Fort, we learned a lot.

I was afraid of the soldier on the horse (note I am not in this picture), but I liked the big “pow-pow” and even got a toy canon to remember it by.
Next we went to the Murrell House former home of George Murrell was married to Minerva Ross Murrell, the niece of Cherokee leader John Ross.
It was built in 1845. I really liked the pond and the neat grounds with lots of room to play.

We also stopped at the Cherokee Heritage Center to explore their frontier town. It looked like a real town with buildings just my size.
We  had a fun day at the Tulsa Zoo. We saw all kinds of animals – I was most excited about riding the zoo train.

I drank water from the lion’s mouth and posed as a monkey!

I took a ride on the carousel and I had picked out a deer to ride on – I was really excited until we started to go.
Next we made a stop at the American Indian Cultural Center in Muskogee – no photos allowed inside, but here’s me and Daddy on the porch with the big bell.
It was a busy few days with lots of cool stuff to see – I am already thinking about what I want to see next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment