Tuesday, February 9, 2010

It’s My Party by Denny Lynn

We have started a disturbing trend of me being sick for my birthday party! Last year I had an ear infection and this year I had a nasty cold. Nothing stops a Turner Boy from taking advantage of a party! This year I had a train party. Mama even made me a train cake that looked like Percy from Thomas and Friends. Percy is my favorite! Grandma and Grandpa came early and they brought me a tricycle for my very own – then they helped decorate and set up for my big day. We had 14 kids come for the party. There were crafts and color sheets – everyone got to make a hanger for their door with a train on it – I even made one for me! Then we played musical train cars and shovel the coal. I really like the shoveling, but I was more interested in the train boxes before they were part of the game. I blew out the candles on my cake so we could all have cake and ice cream, then I got to open my very own presents! I got so many great things I couldn’t pick a favorite –Mama and Daddy even got me my very own trampoline! Then there were even presents in the mail from Aunt Judy, Nana & Papa, Ma & Pa and Uncle Shawn! Mama and me had made everyone candy trains and hobo bags to take home. Even though I had a cold for my party it was pretty fun and I thank everyone for coming to celebrate me!

No comments:

Post a Comment